Florida United Businesses Association (FUBA) is a lobbying and trade association representing small businesses in the state of Florida. As the Small Business Watchdog in Tallahassee, FUBA is both your lobbyist in the State Capitol and your source for education on state laws and regulations that affect your business.
Membership benefits include:
- ISSUES, FUBA's monthly newsletter, which reports on legislation and regulations that affect your business and explains how to stay in compliance.
- FUBA provides all members with a free labor law poster. This "All-in-One" poster contains all required state and federal posters. You always stay in compliance because, we notify you immediately if any posters are changed. We provide the new panels at no or a nominal charge.
- FUBA's full-time Governmental Relations staff lobbies the Florida legislature on behalf of our members. We make sure law makers hear the small businesses point of view when they are voting on legislation.
- FUBA acts as a liaison between your business and state agencies that regulate small businesses. Through our "First Call" program, we help our members with questions on issues like providing lunch hours/breaks, hiring/firing, and other regulatory questions. When you call with a question, our staff gets you an answer immediately, along with any necessary forms. Have a question that FUBA could help you with? E-mail the FUBA staff.
- Members receive our easy-to-read, employer-friendly Small Business Advisor, which covers issues important to small businesses:
- Employee Compensation
- Unemployment Compensation
- Workers' Compensation
- Handling worthless checks
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- State Government Contact Information
FUBA also sponsors the Florida Citrus, Business & Industries Fund, a workers' compensation program marketed as FUBA Workers' Comp. Through FUBA Workers' Comp, we offer secure and stable coverage to eligible businesses. For more information, click here.
Join with your fellow Florida employers to support the small business community by submitting an on-line membership application.
E-mail our staff if you have any questions.
Return To Top